Staff ETL Data Engineer – Remote
Development / Full-Time
Autosoft, Inc. (www.autosoftdms.com) is a Dealership Management System (DMS) software company serving the retail automotive industry for 31 years. At Autosoft, we embrace change, encourage divergent thinking, and listen to our employees and customers to help shape the future of our business.
The Staff Data Engineer is a hands-on technical leader responsible for leading their team’s technical design and implementation of software projects in accordance with Autosoft’s architecture. The Staff Engineer contributes to the overall Autosoft platform strategy and vision. The Staff Engineer is also directly responsible for helping raise the technical skills of engineers with less experience on their team.
Who You Are:
- You are the lifeblood of the technical outcomes of your team
- You are respected by your team as having expert level skills as a data engineer and database administration
- You have a wide breadth and significant depth in numerous technologies/frameworks, having worked on multiple custom software platforms in your career
- You provide technical leadership to help your team achieve great results
- You contribute to a culture of high collaboration across all teams
- You are a great collaborator external to your team
- You value technical documentation and hold the team accountable for proper use
- You are passionate about software craftsmanship
- You hold high expectations of yourself and your team
- You care about personal and team growth
- You have a high sense of urgency and accountability
- You understand the importance of balancing resolving tech debt with new development
- You value diversity
What You do:
- You are recognized as a tech lead on your team, lead system design, architecture design, and coordinate implementation efforts with others on team
- Research, rationalize, and implement new technologies to deliver great solutions as needed
- Exceptional written communication, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Actively engage in and support team ceremonies to ensure they are highly effective
- You hold yourself and your team accountable for ensuring your team’s code is of high quality, conforms to coding standards, and provide valuable feedback to other engineers via code reviews/pull requests
- Work independently and pair with other software engineers on your team in order to foster an environment of learning and growth
- Define quality standards to ensure data and code integrity across various systems
- Ensure teams code base is fully operationalized with build and deployment automation, hardened with test automation, monitored for uptime, quality, and overall health ***
- Optimize Database platforms with scale testing, performance testing, and monitoring to ensure optimal database functionality
- Embody, teach, and advocate for true craftsmanship at the team level
- Operate in a fast pace environment where just enough requirements enable collaboration and allows you to rapidly iterate to deliver running tested code
- Participate in, and often lead, cross-team collaboration and knowledge sharing via guilds, cross team design sessions, code reviews, etc.
- Focus on continuing education for self to master your craft and stay informed on leading technology and software engineering trends
- Design and implement complex backend algorithms
What You Need to Get the Job Done:
- Significant expertise and experience in domain driven design and working within enterprise level data environments
- Experience in relational data stores like PostgreSQL, MySQL, or MS SQL is required as well as nosql
- Deep understanding of T-SQL skills, Stored Procedures, Table Functions, ETL Pipelines (SSIS required)
- Familiarity with one reporting platform (Power BI, SSRS)
- Expert understanding of the infrastructure relationships to your ETL and SQL code
- Expert technical understanding of query design
- Have an advanced understanding of DBA concepts and best practices
- Understanding of Git and comfort with pull request workflows is required
- Experience working with cloud native software in AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Can articulate your experience with testing strategies: (Unit, Integration System, End to End)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems and/or equivalent formal training or work experience
- Significant expertise and experience as a DBA
Significant expertise and experience triaging database production issues at an Enterprise level
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Great Company Culture- We’ve been recognized by multiple organizations like “Best Places to Work in PA” for our great workplace culture for 7 consecutive years and Cigna for workplace wellness for 4 consecutive years.
- Rest and Relaxation- Three (3) weeks PTO and 9 Paid Holidays.
- Health Benefits- Medical, dental, & vision insurance with plan options to fit employee’s unique needs, including a 100% company paid medical option.
- Prepare for the Future- 401(k) with a generous company match.
- Work/Life Balance- Flexible schedules, Parental Leave, Paid Caregiver Leave, Volunteer Time Off, Wellness initiatives.
- Pets are Family Too- Pet insurance for your furry family members.
- Continuous Learning- We encourage growth and curious minds by providing Tuition Reimbursement for our employees
- Autosoft is dedicated to providing a healthful, comfortable and productive workplace for all its employees and all visitors/patrons/contractors. Autosoft is now a tobacco-free campus for everyone.
Autosoft is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
If you think you are a strong fit for the role, apply and let’s have a conversation.